Language, Literacy & Communicaton
* Keep in role and support others in role play through exploration of different situations.
* Contribute to group discussion, sharing ideas and information and help everyone to take part.
* Listen carefully and make connections between what they are learning and what they already know.
* Adapt what they write to the purpose and reader, choosing words appropriately for variety and interest.
* Write a persuasive email, using key features.
* Use a range of punctuation;
Capital letters, full stops, question marks, exclamation marks and commas.
* Use a range of strategies to make meaning from words and sentences, including knowledge of phonics, word roots, word families, syntax, text organisation and prior knowledge.
* Use understanding of sentence structure and punctuation to make meaning.
Children will be given opportunities to look through their classwork, and to identify and correct any spelling errors.
They will transfer these spellings into their spelling book, which they will use to 'Look, Say, Cover, Write, and Check'.